2022-03-22 18:03:04 编辑：保定环球教育 浏览：(192次)
1. More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
2. Some people think governments should spend money on measures to save languages with few speakers from dying out completely. Others think this is a waste of financial resources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people argue that governments should not pay money for the international aids when there are some disadvantaged people in their own country, such as the homeless and the unemployed. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some experts think that all students should learn musical instruments. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some young people commit serious crimes, such as robbery or violent attacks. Some people think they should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. In some cultures, old people are more highly valued than the youth, while other cultures value the youth more. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. The difference of age gap is greater between parents and their children. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh disadvantages?
8. In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others, children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. For today’s world, which system is appropriate?
9. Some think the best city is "vertical" city where people live and work in tall buildings. Others think "horizontal" city is better where there are few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Interviews form the basic selecting procedure for most large companies. However, some people think interview is not a reliable means of choosing who to employ, and there are some other better methods of selection. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Nowadays women have full-time work as same as men. And logically men should share the household equally with women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. City dwellers seldom socialize with their neighbors today, and the sense of community has been lost. Why did this happen? And how can this be solved?
13. The world has many towns and cities constructed in previous centuries that were suitable and livable for people in those times. What problems will these ancient towns cause today? And what should be done to deal with that?
14. In many countries, planers tend to arrange shops, schools, offices and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh its disadvantages?
15. Nowadays, the gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider in some countries of the world. What problems can this situation cause? What solutions should be taken?
16. People’s shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than other factors. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17. In some countries, it is illegal for employers to reject job applications for jobseekers’ ages. Is it a positive or negative development?
18. Lectures were used in the past as an old way of teaching a large number of students. As new technology is now available for education, some people suggest that there is no justification for lectures. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. More and more parents begin to allow their children to play on computers and tablets as they think children should learn technology skills. Do advantages of this outweigh its disadvantages or not?
20. Some working parents tend to send their children to childcare centers because they think their children can get good care there. However, other parents think some family members like grandparents can do this job. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.