2021-08-28 11:06:12 编辑：保定环球教育 浏览：(1111次)
1.A/D: It is important to have rules about the types of clothing that people are allowed to wear at work and in school
2. A/D: Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than it was in the past.
3. Some people believe that friendships become stronger when friends enjoy good times together. Others believe that friendships become stronger when friends talk about their problems with each other and support each other.
Which of these two approaches do you feel is most useful in helping make a friendship stronger?
4.Many students starting university must choose a major (main field of study at university), and parents of these students often give them advice about which major to choose.
Some parents tell students to choose the major that most interests the students. Other parents tell students that it is better to choose a major that will lead to a job with a high salary, even if that major may not be the one that most interests the students.
Which approach do you believe is better, and why?
5. In areas where there are many restaurants, some people prefer to buy their meals in restaurants very frequently rather than cooking and eating meals at home. Other people prefer to cook most of their meals at home and eat in restaurants only rarely.
Which would be your preference, and why?
6. Some tourists prefer to travel to places that are very popular with other tourists: In these places, there are usually large crowds of visitors waiting to see a famous attraction, such as a monument or historical building.
Other tourists prefer to travel to places that are not very popular with other tourists, so that they can enjoy a vacation in a place without large crowds of visitors. Would you prefer to travel to places that are very popular with other tourists or travel to places that are not very popular with other tourists? Why?
7. In places where the government does not fund students' higher education and students must pay for some or all of their university education, some people are suggesting a new method of paying for education called an income-share agreement.
Under this method, no payments are due until after students complete their studies and graduate. However, students must agree to pay the university a certain percentage of their income (money that they earn from working) for a specific period of time after graduation. Do you agree or disagree that income-share agreements are a good way for students to pay for their higher education?
8. Imagine that your friend is looking for a new job. He or she is using only one strategy: sending letters describing his or her interests to companies that he or she would like to work for.
Do you believe that this approach will bring your friend success in quickly finding a good job? Why or why not, and what advice would you give your friend?
9. Which of the following three sources of news do you feel is the most trustworthy? Why?
--Getting news from social media
--Obtaining news by watching or listening to live and recorded broadcasts on television and radio
--Obtaining news from printed newspapers and magazines
10. At one high school, more of its students than ever before have been caught cheating on their homework assignments; for example, many students have asked other students to provide them with answers for assignments. The school is considering making a change to help decrease the number of students who cheat on homework. Which ONE of the following actions do you think will be most effective, and why?
--Asking parents to monitor their children as they do their homework and confirm that their children have not cheated
--Increasing the penalty (punishment) for cheating
--Asking teachers to create homework assignments that will make it more difficult for students to cheat
11.Some people believe that classrooms in high school (students aged 15-18) should be organized into skill groups, meaning that students who score well on certain subjects would learn in a classroom together with people with similar skill levels.
Other people believe that high school classes should include student with different skill levels, meaning that students who score low on certain subjects should be placed with students who score high. Which view do you agree with? Why?
12. Celebrities such as actors, musicians, and athletes sometimes express their political views publicly. Some people appreciate knowing the political views of their favorite celebrities, while others believe it is not appropriate or useful to know the political views of celebrities.
Which view do you agree with? Why?
13. A/D: All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them about the culture of a country other than their own.
14. A/D: Young people today are more likely to give time and effort to improve the world than young people were in the past.
15. Imagine you have one week to spend on a vacation in a city you've never been to before. Would you prefer to spend the week participating in scheduled activities such as going on guided tours of the city, or would you prefer to spend the week exploring the city on your own, with no scheduled activities?
16. Some high school teachers (teachers of students ages 14-18) spend most of their class time lecturing (speaking) while their students listen and take notes. Other high school teachers spend most of their class time on discussions and projects that require students to participate by sharing their ideas with the class.
Which of these two approaches do you think is more effective for student learning, and why?
17. If you decide to learn a new language, would you prefer to study the language at a school in your own country with a teacher and other students, or would you prefer to travel to a country where that language is spoken and learn it by interacting with the people who already speak that language?
18. A/D: Parents should let their children make and learn from their own mistakes.
19. Imagine that students at your school are asked to spend one week away from school as volunteers (working without pay) to help the local community. Which of the following experiences would you choose? Why?
--Volunteering at a hospital
--Volunteering at a museum
--Volunteering at a nature conservation area to protect wildlife and the environment
20. Imagine that you are trying to find a new job in a field that Interests you. When looking for the job, you might use the following strategies.
--Asking as many friends as possible, both in person and on social media, to let you know if they know about a job opening
--Sending letters introducing yourself and expressing your job interests to any company that you would like to work for
--Looking for job advertisements posted by companies online or placed by companies in publications such as newspapers
Which ONE of these methods do you think would be most likely to bring you success in finding a job? Why?
21. At many universities, the administration provides help to new students who may be unfamiliar with university life. If you were a new student who wanted to learn how best to succeed at your school and adjust to university life, which ONE of the following activities do you think would be most useful to you? Why?
-- Attending a one-week orientation or introductory program on the university campus, during which you would live on the campus and participate in activities there before your classes began
-- Meeting regularly during your first year with a student in your major field of study who has attended the university for several years