2020-12-26 18:15:33 编辑：保定环球教育 浏览：(226次)
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Some think the best city is "vertical" city where people live and work in tall buildings. Others think "horizontal" city is better where there are few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. In some countries, more adults choose to continue to live with their parents even after they graduate and have found jobs. Do advantages of this outweigh its disadvantages?
3. In modern life, it is no longer acceptable to use animals as food or in other products, like clothing and medicine. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. City dwellers seldom socialize with their neighbors today, and the sense of community has been lost. Why did this happen? And how can this be solved?
5. Some people think that getting old is entirely bad, while others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much better than in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. The world has many towns and cities constructed in previous centuries that were suitable and livable for people in those times. What problems will these ancient towns cause today? And what should be done to deal with that?
7. Some people think they have right to use as much fresh water as they want, while others believe that governments should strictly control the use of fresh water as it is limited resource. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Nowadays, the gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider in some countries of the world. What problems can this situation cause? What solutions should be taken?
9. People’s shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than other factors. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
11. Researches show that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, advertising for food products should be banned, in the same way as the cigarette advertising is banned in many countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people think the spread of multinational companies and globalization produce positive effects on everyone. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. In most cities and towns, the high volumes of road traffic become a problem. What are the causes of that? And what actions can be taken to solve the problem?
14. In some countries, it is illegal for employers to reject job applications for jobseekers’ ages. Is it a positive or negative development?
15. Science can tell us some activities are good for our health, while some are bad. Despite knowing that, millions of people all over the world continue with unhealthy activities. Why is this the case? And how to change this situation?
16. Some people think zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, others think zoos are useful to protect rare animals. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
17. Some people think only students who achieve the best results should be rewarded, while others think it is more important to reward students who get huge improvement. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
18. Some people think governments should focus on reducing environmental pollution and housing problems to help people prevent illness and disease. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some people suggest that a country should try to produce all the food for its population and import as little food as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some working parents tend to send their children to childcare centers because they think their children can get good care there. However, other parents think some family members like grandparents can do this job. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.